"Show Off Saturday"....... Homemade Tiebacks/Headbands

Happy Saturday everyone.  I'm starting a new thing on my blog where I will have subject focused topics.    Saturday's will be focused on something new that I learned whether it be a technique, or a DIY project or simply a tip given and the results good or bad.  So... welcome to DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!
"Show Off Saturday"
I've been obsessed with purchasing tiebacks/headbands for my reborn babies lately & let me tell you the prices are adding up.  They start from $10 plus shipping for each tieback on Etsy!  So I told myself..."Self, you can make these yourself".  They didn't look particularly hard, but I didn't know where to start.  So I did what any normal, computer savvy woman would do & Youtubed the directions! lol  Yes ladies, youtube is your friend.  And as my Facebook friend said "Youtube is like college, you can learn anything" lol.

Click here for the Tutorial I used.  There are a billion of them.  Just type in burnt edge flowers or singed flowers & you will get a bunch of hits.  Anyway, I tried my hand at them yesterday.  I went to Walmart & purchased $1 pack of regular ribbon and some hemp cord for $1 as well.  I purchased a cigarette lighter as well which was less than $1.  Then I went to work.  I attached the flower to the hemp cord by using a needle & thread.  You can also use hot glue or fabric glue.  Anyway, here is my very 1st creation & I'm so stoked at how it turned out.  It was sooooo easy.  I actually stayed up most of the night & made a bunch of them.  I'm so proud of myself.  I would love to see you try it & share!

By the way, please excuse my model Quinlynn as her painted hair isn't finished yet.  Please be mindful that these are cell phone pictures.  So the quality isn't the best.








0 comments:

Post a Comment


up