Signature Ethnic Skin Tone Color Palettes

I've been reborning dolls for over 6 years now & I've learned that human beings have very complex skin tones.  This is one of the reasons that making ethnic dolls is so difficult.  I used to have "custom order" clients try to describe the complexion/skin tone that they wanted without a reference but I quickly learned that my perception of light skinned or dark skinned was completely different than someone else's.   I realized that I had to have a base guide for my customers & developed my very own signature ethnic skin tone palette.  These signature palettes serve as a "base guide" & starting point only.  This base & my "artistic vision" are used to complete their babies.

I've had multiple questions as to what colors i'm using to complete Vienna.   I'll be sharing the others at a later date.
Blushing Olive:
 A velvety olive hue with cool & blushed undertones.  I use this palette to create many different ethnicities.  It is the current complexion of my daughter Amiah & I worked tirelessly to perfect it.
Pictured Below Ethnic Vienna - Blushing Olive Palette in Progress
As you can see from the picture above, I still mix custom colors along the way so that each baby is truly one of a kind.  I hope this has helped.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up